Open to experienced Veterinarians, as well as New Grads.
**We have a wonderful new Mentorship Program to help provide the support every New Grad DVM needs**
**100k to $135k Base Salary (varies based on qualifications/experience)
Forty-two years ago, Shandon-Wood Animal Clinic was founded on a client-focused mission that remains today. We pride ourselves on enhancing the human-animal bond by providing excellent and convenient veterinary care with compassion and integrity.
Shandon-Wood Animal Clinic is located in Columbia- the capital city of South Carolina. It is home to the University of South Carolina as well as a large number of restaurants including Mike Davis’ Terra and Hall’s chophouse—a renowned steakhouse. Within walking distance from our clinic is the Devine Street shopping district with its many boutique shops, restaurants and a craft brew store. Also unique to Columbia are the Columbia Museum of Art, Nickelodeon Theater and the Vista— one of Columbia’s most vibrant arts, dining, and entertainment districts. Columbia boasts a sunny, warm climate, affordable cost of living, and an above average public-school system.
As the Veterinarian, you will enjoy:
- Generous base salary + production
- Choice of Incentives: Student Loan Repayment Plan, Retention Bonus, Sign-On Bonus, Health Insurance Reimbursement, Vacation Allowance, Relocation Assistance or Donation to a charity of your choice!
- Comprehensive benefits package including health, dental, vision, ancillary coverage & 401k
- Attractive PTO and a rotating schedule which will provide a healthy work-life balance from large blocks of days off, including weekends and no on-call hours required
- $2,000 in CE and in addition we will pay for Licensing, DEA, dues & fees
Our multi doctor practice enjoys the support of a well-trained and highly utilized technical support staff along with high quality diagnostic, treatment, and surgical equipment, allowing you to practice in an encouraging, supportive environment. In order to provide our gold standard quality of medicine, we are equipped with a full array of diagnostic tools and services including:
- Digital radiography, including digital dental radiography
- Idexx in-house analyzers
- Paperless Records
The Veterinarian is responsible for medical and surgical care of patients in the exam room and in the hospital. This includes maintaining client relationships and effectively communicating the care needs and condition of their pet. Medical records are maintained in an accurate manner and estimates are presented to clients in advance of care, as appropriate. The DVM is considered a member of the hospital’s management team and is therefore responsible for supporting the hospital leadership and NVA.
Skills and Qualifications:
Please visit our website at http://shandonwood.com for more information!
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) degree, or equivalent, from an accredited university
- Licensure in good standing to practice in the state of South Carolina
- Commitment to practicing the highest standard of medicine and upholding the veterinary code of ethics
- excellent verbal and written communication, ability to be empathetic and compassionate, and outstanding collaboration with other members of the SWAC family