Our practice has been dedicated to serving the communities of Walkersville, Libertytown, Woodsboro, Thurmont, Frederick and the surrounding area with quality medicine and surgery since 1948. We offer comprehensive veterinary care including modern diagnostics, therapeutics, and surgery performed in our spacious hospital opened in 1998.
We are proud of our professional staff and the loving and caring support they provide. Our veterinarians and staff are committed to staying current through yearly continuing education opportunities. We also offer a wide range of board-certified referrals if specialized care is required.
• Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) degree from an accredited university
• Licensure in good standing to practice in the state of Maryland
• Professional comportment and appearance, with excellent interpersonal skills and a positive, friendly attitude
• The ability to make decisions and communicate clearly and effectively with fellow team members
• Respect for and willingness to work with clients and their pets
• Compassionate team player who can uphold great reputation with clients
• A commitment to practicing the highest standard of medicine, upholding the veterinary code of ethics
• Proficiency in surgery a plus
SVP rewards its team members with a competitive salary, growth bonuses and a comprehensive benefits package, including:
Continuing Education allowance Professional Liability Coverage Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision) Retirement Plan (401k) Life Insurance (Basic, Voluntary & AD&D) Short Term Disability Paid Time Off (Vacation & Public Holidays) Teladoc- FREE doctor access 24/7 Discounted Veterinary Care EAP (Employee Assistance Program) A large network of over 1,000 veterinary professionals who all share common interest in promoting a collaborative working environment and individual career growth Opportunity to make an impact in your community while tackling a challenging, variety of tasks and the ability to help animals among a great team of people!