REACH Veterinary Specialists is seeking full-time, experienced Registered Veterinary Technicians/VTS (ECC) to join our ICU and Emergency teams!
“JOIN US, GROW YOU”
We are a growing, thriving 24-hour emergency and specialty referral practice located in Asheville NC and the heart of the majestic Blue Ridge Mountains. Our mission is to provide the highest quality veterinary care in a professional and compassionate manner. REACH provides services for trauma cases, acute illnesses and ongoing supportive care for patients transferred from area veterinary hospitals.
Our technicians are responsible for the care and treatment of unstable/critically ill patients, triaging the emergent patient, monitoring hospitalized patients, performing a wide variety of laboratory tests, treatments and nursing care, admitting and discharging patients, client communication and education, as well as answering technician calls. This position entails working swing shifts, overnights, weekends, and holidays.
Essential job duties include, but are not limited to:
· provide efficient, optimal patient care including: triage, assessment, stabilization, treatment, monitoring, and restraint
· evaluate patient status, response to therapy, collect diagnostic samples and interpret results
· collaborate with doctors and staff, in a respectful manner, to assist in formulating a diagnosis and optimal treatment plan
· exhibit compassionate and caring behavior with clients and patients
· proficiently perform technical procedures to include, but not limited to: venipuncture, venous catheter placement (peripheral and central), intravenous fluid and blood transfusion administration, obtain radiographs, laboratory assessments, urinary catheterization, sedation, NG tube placement and maintenance, arterial blood sampling and catheter placement, etc.
· assist doctors with minimal and advanced,life-saving procedures to include, but not limited to: all centesis procedures, performing RECOVER CPR, urinary obstructions, laceration repairs, endoscopy, etc.
· perform anesthesia from induction to recovery for a variety of surgical procedures
· assist in all areas of the hospital by performing patient assessments and treatments/procedures
· provide the highest quality of care to hemodynamically unstable, critically ill patients in our ICU
REACH invest heavily in our employees’ long-term growth and happiness. We offer a competitive compensation package including: medical and dental insurance, ancillary benefits, 401K, paid time off and holiday pay, company paid CE and uniforms, a signing bonus, as well as an overnight shift differential.
Discover so many things to do in Asheville and the Blue Ridge Mountains of Western North Carolina. There is something for everyone, no matter your interests. Find national treasures, award-winning restaurants, museums, shopping, music, performing arts, galleries and tours. If you love the outdoors, there are so many places to go in our national forests and parks, filled with hiking trails, waterfalls and spectacular mountain views.
Benefits package includes:
· Signing bonus
· Relocation assistance
· Company paid CE
· Company paid uniforms
· Hospital discounts
· Paid Time Off & Holiday Pay
· Medical & Dental Insurance
· Ancillary benefits
If you are a skilled RVT/CVT/LVT, VTS (ECC) or have extensive experience in ECC and are seeking an exciting career in your beloved profession, we want to meet you! Apply today and also visit us at http://www.reachvet.com
6 openings. Employer will assist with relocation costs.