Objective: Perform high-quality, high volume spay/neuter surgeries, vaccine clinic and related veterinarian services for client-owned animals using our clinic.
- Perform high volume spay/neuter surgeries to help control pet overpopulation.
- Perform pediatric spay/neuter on owned pets and possible shelter/rescue pets.
- Performs castration/OHEs on owned pets and rescue/shelter pets for our public clinic.
- Performs castration/OHEs on outdoor and community cats.
- Oversees pre and post- operative care of animals.
- Performs additional surgical procedures on an as needed basis, including but not limited to: lumpectomy removal, hernia repair, dental and tooth extractions. Limited orthopedic and ocular procedures.
- Performs veterinary health care functions including examinations and treatment of public client animals. Oversees vaccine clinic and is present through vaccine clinic hours.
- Provides wellness care for client animals including but not limited to, disease prevention programs, routine health care, vaccines, testing and treatments.
- Remains up-to-date on professional advances on animal health protocols, surgical procedures and companion animal health issues.
- Responsible for proper protocol adherence on medication and drug usage to ensure animals are cared for when absent and/or by technicians. Follows professional standards and guidelines.