Adding 8th staff veterinarian to busy mixed practice established 76 yrs. in picturesque northern Indiana community. Position available is primarily small animal with shared emergency duty covering both small and large animals. Experience preferred, recent graduates considered. Industry leading 32% SA and 40% LA of production. Base plus production $80,000 - $120,000+. Vehicle expense, Insurance, SIRA corporate matching retirement, $2,000/yr. CE fund, AVMA liability insurance, and up to 4 weeks Paid Vacation /yr. Large fully equipped clinic staffed with 21 helpful lay employees and 7 experienced mentoring Drs. This position provides a veterinarian with the opportunity to practice quality veterinary medicine with talented colleagues, command industry leading salary, and have the time off to have a life outside of veterinary medicine. Dr. Weldy's Associates, contact Dr. Jerry Sellon
Prefer Experience, Recent Graduates Considered
Additional Salary Information: Incentive production bonus
32% Small Animal Production
40% Large Animal Production
8 Dr. mixed practice in northern Indiana
We have an excellent opportunity for a veterinarian with experience or qualified recent grad. We have 2 positions available, one primarily Equine, one primarily Small Animal. I am including some information on the positions. The associate veterinarians at Dr. Weldy's earn an average of $150,000, work less than 5 days per week, and have amp...le time off for their interests and family. If you are interested I would like to hear from you.
Practice Position Available at Dr. Weldy’s Assoc., Inc., Mixed Practice - Small Animal, with some Mixed Emergency if desired.
1. 4.7 day work week – includes Saturday and Sunday worked on call.
2. Rotating 6 week schedule equal share on call; 1 Sunday on in 6 weeks; 2 Saturdays on in 6 weeks; 5 days off during the week in 6 weeks - One 4 day long weekend off in 6 weeks one 3 day weekend in 6 wks. ; work in rotating emergency call - Know duty schedule 1 year in advance – can trade and take vacation with flexibility.
3. Two weeks vacation within the first year. Three weeks vacation from end of first year to the beginning of the fifth year, then 4 weeks vacation per year – all paid.
4. Continuing education required – will pay $2,000/yr.
5. Expect to earn $80,000-$120,000. 40% of total gross paid including drugs dispensed for large animal, 32% of gross paid foe small animal, 40% of gross paid for small animal emergency; paid in weekly safety net base salary ($60,000/yr.) plus monthly incentive bonus.
6. Vehicle expense $600/mo. – Drs. drive what they like, cell phone expense $75/mo., health INS. $375/mo. Issued in tax-free check of $1,050/mo. Health ins. adjusted yearly according to industry cost % index.
7. AVMA practice liability insurance.
8. DR Digital Radiography , shock wave therapy unit, thermography camera, digital ultrasounds (5), 3 tendon USs, wireless camera endoscope, EKG, equine collection and AI equipment, cryo unit, arthroscopic surgery unit, power floats, etc.
9. In house CBC and blood chem., access to full commercial labs with 2 pickups per day – same day results.
10. SIRA retirement plan with corporate matching.
11. Practice established 76 years, solid client base, and staff of good people to work with – 8 Drs. and 21 helpful lay employees.
This position provides a veterinarian with the opportunity to practice quality veterinary medicine with talented colleagues, command industry-leading salary, and have the time off to have a life outside of veterinary medicine. It all amounts to a sustainable pace in a profession that is a privilege to be a part of.
Hopefully this gives you somewhat of an idea of the caliber of this position, feel free to call or e-mail me with any questions.
Dr. Jerry Sellon
I have also placed ads on the AABP, AAEP, and the AVMA websites that you may want to review. The fringe benefits - vehicle, health insurance, retirement with 3% corporate matching, phone expense etc. amounts to about an additional $15,000/yr. The last two new grads hired made over $100,000 before fringes their first year.
There is also a one time $1,000 computer allowance as our new practice Infinity program is live with the clinic computers in real time, which is an amazing improvement and quite helpful to the Drs. We have a private text program so that the Drs., staff, and managers can communicate easily. The call list with all the information is emailed to us the night before and each Drs. computer is live with the clinic computer system. There are 4 exam rooms, treatment and x-ray room, surgery suite, two kennel rooms, isolation room, offices, staff lunch lounge, and lab. The clinic has a haul in equine facility with draft and regular stocks, box stall, surgery area, large round pen, and drive through for up to 3 mobile units at a time. There is a facility that is used for Drs. breakfasts, staff lunch and learn, and extern housing. Our phone system gives our client callers LA, SA, Lab and medication, and Billing choices which puts them in touch with the appropriate person to handle their call. John (real person), our answer service man is great at screening calls to eliminate unnecessary night emergencies. Those unnecessary night emergencies have also been greatly reduced by increasing the emergency fee. The Drs. have the option to send the small animal emergencies to an emergency clinic if they so choose, though techs are available to come in and it is quite lucrative for the attending doctor to see SA emergencies at the clinic.
The six week emergency rotation amounts to one Sunday in 6, two Saturdays in 6, one weeknight/wk. on duty with numerous days off during the week in 6 weeks. After working the Sunday there is Monday and Tuesday off, After working Saturday there is the following 4 day weekend - Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday off. There is also a Monday off making an additional 3 day weekend in 6 weeks. Also trading duty with another Dr. to avoid a day off you need counting against your vacation day total is common. Hooking vacation days to days off also extends those long weekends into mini vacations. Every year two of the Drs. have no holiday duty.
We are very family oriented and scheduling is mapped out a year in advance so a Dr. can make definitive time off plans and be assured they won’t be asked to change them.
Consider this offer carefully and contact me if you have questions or concerns. I invite you to visit our clinic.